Dr Sachin Shetty is a Rehabilitation & Pain Physician working at Prince of Wales Public & Private Hospital in Randwick.
He mostly uses ultrasound guidance for his interventional pain management strategies avoiding the risks of radiation and anaesthetics. His approach has a holistic focus exploring a multi-disciplinary, non-interventional and interventional approaches to maximise patients’ quality of life.
He currently works as a Staff specialist at the Prince of Wales Spinal Injuries Unit and Pain Management departments. He is the Director of PRISM (Pain Rehabilitation to Improve Self Management) – the multi-disciplinary pain group program at Prince of Wales Hospital Pain Clinic. He has strong academic interests fulfilled as the Director of Training in Rehabilitation Medicine at Prince of Wales and Conjoint Senior Lecturer at the UNSW Medical School.
Qualifications / Awards
- M.D in Rehabilitation Medicine from University of Calcutta (India) with honours (2005)
- Indian Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Gold Medal for his dissertation (2005)
- Accepted on the London Deanery Rehabilitation Medicine training program
- Trained in prestigious centres like Kings College Hospital & Regional Rehabilitation Unit in London.
- Spinal Rehabilitation at the Prince of Wales Hospital (2008)
- Completed his Rehabilitation fellowship (2009)
- Conservative and Interventional Pain Management at St Vincents hospital & Prince of Wales hospitals finishing his Pain Fellowship (2010)
Area of Interest / Expertise
Management of various acute & persistent pain